Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bad Rain

My mother asked me to wash some clothes, simple enough. I picked up my mother's jeans and did a quick pocket check and threw them in the washing machine. I then threw in one of her work shirts, my jeans, a few of my shirts and a bra. I poured out the correct amount of liquid detergent, set it and forgot it.

I went back into my room and started at the computer screen while I tried to think of how to start my essay for English. About three hours later I remembered the laundry so I got up and trotted over to the bathroom/laundry room and moved the clothes in the dryer over to the mountain to deal with later. When I moved the last article of clothing in to the dryer I noticed a black lump in the washing machine. It was my mother's cell phone... I promptly swore and tried to turn it on in the hopes it was one of those wonder phones that can survive anything.

Needless to say it didn't work. I started towards the stairs and stared picturing the punishments I would endure because of this. I could just see my mother inflicted the look upon me as I climbed the stairs. I stood at the head of my mom's bed and took a deep breath.

"I am a bad daughter." I informed my mother who was barely awake.
"What?" was her responce.
"I killed your phone... I will go ground myself now."
"What happened?"
"Your phone went through the washing machine."

My Mom looked at me and shrugged.
 "I am not to worried about it... Go to bed."
So I did.

This is not the first time I have killed a phone. There was that time I fell in to a lake with my cellphone in my pocket... I have stepped on one of my old ones and destroyed the screen.

CELL PHONES BEWARE THE RAININATIOR!!! SHE SPELLS YOUR DOOM!!!

1 comment: